Monday, April 13, 2009

chicken soup for the nose

Let me tell you about aromatherapy. It does not need to come from expensive candles and oils. My endorphins are bouncing around right now from the aromas flowing from my own kitchen, the product of my own hands. (There is nothing more satisfying right? Than enjoying the work of your hands.)

Fresh baking bread, roasting garlic, and boiling onions, bay leaves and chicken. I'm not sure there is a better savory combination in the whole of the universe, or at least, at this very minute, I am absolutely sure there isn't!

Stevo woke up with a sore throat this morning, poor guy, and somehow Rachael Ray knew. I made this Garlic-Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup for him tonight, along with some whole wheat bread in our new bread machine. It was my first time to roast garlic, and the results were not as good as the smell. I only got a very small amount of gooey garlic out of 3/4 of a clove, and will have to try again. The smell was worth it though!

This soup turned out really yum, with strong lemony-dill overtones. Stevey ate three bowls. In fact it's so good, you may want to fake a cold for an excuse to make it...

1 comment:

  1. how about I get a fake cold so you can make it for me :-)

    ReplyDelete