Wednesday, April 15, 2009

thank you, Caesar

This post is dedicated to my "other" Mom and Dad:
Tonight I made Rachael's Caesar Lettuce Cups and they were so good, we don't have leftovers for tomorrow night like we usually do. But that's ok!

Of course, the Parmisiano Reggiano cheese made this meal, both on the croutons and in the chicken stir-fry part itself. I greeted Stevo at the door when he got home with a new kind of kiss: a homemade crouton made from ciabatta bread leftover from Easter dinner (thanks, Mamamia) and Parmisiano Reggiano cheese straight from Italy herself (thanks, Dad).

The result was a meal quite flavorful in every bite, even without the anchovies. (I knew I wasn't gonna pull that past my hubs.) Of course, Rach didn't show us how to roll the stir-fry inside the lettuce leaves without any falling out. Maybe you can experiment and let us know.

Ironically enough, our dinner discussion, falling on Tax Day and Tea Party Day, involved an unpacking of Jesus' words "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's." We will ungrudgingly render to Caesar the thanks due him for inspiring such a delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment